Open Burning

Slash Burning of Logging Debris

For a permit to burn slash following a logging operation or other industrial operation, contact the Oregon Department of Forestry. In the Medford Unit's protection area (most of Jackson County), call (541) 664-3328. In the Grants Pass Unit's protection area (all of Josephine County and the west side of Jackson County), call (541) 474-3152.

Burning on Agricultural Lands

The Oregon Department of Forestry does not regulate debris burning on agricultural lands. Open burning on these lands is regulated by the applicable structural fire protection district and the county air quality authority.