The following fire prevention restrictions are currently in effect:
- Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in boats on the water, and on sand or gravel bars that lie between water and high water marks that are free of vegetation.
- All travelers are required to carry one shovel and a one-gallon or larger bucket.
- The use of fireworks is prohibited.
- Campfires, including cooking fires and warming fires, are prohibited. However, charcoal fires for cooking and built in raised fire pans are allowed on sand or gravel bars that lie between water and high water marks that are free of vegetation. Ashes must be hauled out. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels may also be used.
For further information about fire restrictions in the Wild and Scenic Section of the Rogue River, contact:
- The Oregon Department of Forestry, Grants Pass Unit, (541) 474-3152;
- The Smullin Visitor Center located at the Rand National Historic Site at (541) 479-3735.
- The Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest