On Oregon Department of Forestry-protected lands in Jackson and Josephine counties, IFPL III (three) is in effect.
Under IFPL IV, known as “General Shutdown”, all industrial actions are prohibited. This includes any personal and commercial use, firewood permits, power saws, and yarding.
Public use restrictions remain in effect, limiting the use of campfires to fire rings within designated campgrounds. No fires are permitted in wilderness. Current Public Use and Wilderness Restrictions can be found at http://www.oregon.gov/odf/pages/fire/precautionlevelmap.aspx
For more information, contact the Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest at (541) 618-2200. For current information on IFPL levels, visit the Medford Interagency Communications Center website at http://ormic.org/fire_danger.shtml. Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest fire prevention regulations are posted online at www.fs.usda.gov/rogue-siskiyou.
Please contact your local Ranger District office for more information and maps prior to travel on National Forest lands:
- Supervisor’s Office, Medford, (541) 618-2200
- Gold Beach Ranger District, (541) 247-3600
- High Cascades Ranger District
- Prospect, (541) 560-3400
- Butte Falls, (541) 865-2700
- Powers Ranger District, (541) 439-6200
- Siskiyou Mountains Ranger District (541) 899-3800
- Wild Rivers Ranger District
- Grants Pass, (541) 471-6500
- Cave Junction, (541) 592-4000