The public regulated use fire danger level on ODF-protected lands remains at High (yellow).
The IFPL II restrictions apply only to contractors and permit holders, including those with permits to cut firewood for personal use. These restrictions are not applicable to standard recreational uses, such as campfires, which have separate restrictions that may apply.
Under IFPL II:
- The use of fire in any form will be prohibited.
- The use of power saws will be prohibited, except at loading sites, between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- The use of cable yarders will be prohibited between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Blasting will be prohibited between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Welding or cutting of metal will be prohibited between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Additionally, commercial operators on forestlands are required to have fire suppression equipment on site and provide watchman service.
For more information about the Oregon Department of Forestry’s fire season regulations, contact the unit office in your area:
- Medford Unit, 5286 Table Rock Rd., Central Point. Phone: (541) 664-3328
- Grants Pass Unit, 5375 Monument Drive, Grants Pass. Phone: (541) 474-3152
Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest fire prevention regulations are posted online at www.fs.usda.gov/rogue-siskiyou.