[ Updated 8:28 a.m. ] Old Blue Mountain Fire is estimated at 60 acres and has a fire line around 75 percent of the perimeter. A roadblock is in place on the Right Fork of Foots Creek Rd to restrict access to fire-related traffic. No evacuations have been requested.
Monday's thunderstorms sprayed lightning across the Siskiyou Mtns in southwest Jackson County and southeast Josephine County. Eight fires have been found so far, the largest of which is the 40-acre Old Blue Mountain Fire.
Here's the list of fires:
- Sterling Creek, (T38S, R2W, Sec 20 NW, SE) 0.5 acre
- Oregon Belle, (T38S, R3W, Sec 15) 0.1 acre
- Dick George 989, (T40S, R7W, Sec 6, SE, SW) 0.01 acre
- Ferris Gulch #1, (T38S, R4W, Sec 30, SE, NW) 0.1 acre
- Ferris Gulch #2, (T38S, R5W, Sec 25, SE, NE) 1 acre
- Grays Creek, (T37S, R4W, Sec 34, NE, NW) 0.1 acre
- Little Sugar Loaf, (T39S, R5W, Sec 33, SE, SE) 0.75 acre
- Old Blue Mountain, (T37S, R4W, Sec 34, NE, NW)
Reconnaissance flights take off at 8:00 a.m. to search for holdover fires.