ODF Southwest Oregon District firefighters found and extinguished six small lightning-caused fires from this week's thunderstorms:
- A quarter-acre fire was extinguished Wednesday in northern Jackson County, in the Rock Creek drainage, two miles west of Round Top Lookout.
- Also Wednesday, a tree fire was extinguished in the Buck Flat area, near the confluence of Evans Creek and Canon Creek.
- A tenth-acre fire eight miles southeast of Glendale, in the Coyote Creek area.
- A single-tree fire in the Slagle Creek area, two miles northeast of Provolt.
- Another single-tree fire four miles north of Applegate Reservoir, near to where Beaver Creek flows into the Applegate River.
- A tenth-acre fire on Boaz Mountain, seven miles south of Ruch.
The storms were widespread in both Jackson and Josephine counties and some areas reported heavy rainfall. The search continues today for additional smokes.The weather forecast calls for more lightning and rain today.