Under IFPL 2, the following restrictions are in effect:
- The use of fire in any form is prohibited;
- The use of power saws is prohibited, except at loading sites, between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.;
- The use of cable yarders is prohibited between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.;
- Blasting is prohibited between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.;
- Welding or cutting of metal are prohibited between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
These regulations affect all state, county, private and Bureau of Land Management lands in Jackson and Josephine counties.
For more information about the Oregon Department of Forestry’s fire season regulations, contact the unit office in your area:
- Medford Unit, 5286 Table Rock Rd., Central Point. Phone: (541) 664-3328
- Grants Pass Unit, 5375 Monument Drive, Grants Pass. Phone: (541) 474-3152