Abraham Lincoln Elementary School
3101 McLoughlin Dr, Medford
The purpose of the meeting is to provide residents living in the East Foothills/North Phoenix roads area with information on wildfire preparedness.
Fire Marshal Greg Kleinberg of Medford Fire Department will give a presentation about the Deer Ridge Fire, and explain the department’s wildland/urban interface home evaluation program.
Other presentations will include:
- Incorporating fire resistant plants in your landscape
- Toxic and invasive plant control
- Recycling and composting of yard debris
- Disaster Registry and family emergency planning
- Animal evacuation/emergency planning
- Fuel reduction assistance grants offered by the Oregon Dept. of Forestry
Another community meeting on wildfire prevention will be held March 18 at Griffin Creek Elementary School.